Friday, July 12, 2013

Tuscan Blend EVOO Wild Rice

This dish brings back so many memories I had as a child. I grew up in Northern Minnesota where my dad worked as the " go to " doctor for the tribe, and so we reaped the benefits of eating fresh wild rice daily! I am so glad Quail and Olive has the Benishii Wild Rice, I can now make many meals for my family like the ones I grew up with. One of our favorite dishes is wild rice pancakes, now I would not advise making the wild rice in the crock pot, it get a little mushy but it is perfect to make pancakes. This is how I prepare the rice to use as a side dish. Feel free to add any ingredients you may like ( dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, raisins, parsley, tomatoes, lemon juice, etc. . )


Tuscan Blend Wild Rice


1 cup Wild Rice ( washed and picked through)
6-8 cups water


In stock pot add water and rice. Cover pot place on medium high heat and bring to boil. Once pot reaches boiling point reduce heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes until all liquid has absorbed. Before you serve the wild rice sprinkle a little Tuscan Blend EVOO, the wild rice has a nutty flavor and the Tuscan Blend is a robust oil which pairs very well with the wild rice. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment