Sunday, February 10, 2013

Quail and Olive Basil EVOO, Winter Ambrosia Mashed Potatoes

So I have another scrumptious recipe for you! We had a pork dinner last night and I wanted to make some mashed potatoes. I had found a recipe similar to this one online which was titled Herb Mashed potatoes, however the amount of fat was absurd! So, I figured I would substitute the butter for olive oil and make my own version of herbed mashed potatoes. So here it is!

Quail and Olive Basil EVOO and Winter Ambrosia Mashed Potatoes


5-6 baking potatoes ( peeled and diced)
2 Cloves of Garlic minced
1/4 cup light sour cream
Italian seasoning
Quail and Olive Winter Ambrosia
Quail and Olive Basil EVOO


Preheat oven to 375*

In large stock pot, boil water and cook potatoes until softened, usually about 1/2 hour. Drain potatoes and place in large bowl. Mash potatoes and add garlic and about 1-2tablespoons Italian seasonings. Add salt and pepper to tasted. Mix 1/4 cup sour cream, 3 tablespoons Winter Ambrosia, and 4-5 tablespoons Basil EVOO. Place mashed potatoes in oven safe casserole dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes until mashed potatoes have browned on top. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment