Sunday, February 10, 2013

Quail and Olive Plum Basil, Lime EVOO, Pacific Spice Wonton Soup

Well hello bloggers! I am so sorry it has been so long since I have posted some recipes! My family has been suffering from this latest flu bug! With that said, I have some great soup recipes for you! I was trying to think of a way to get some healthy vegetables into my 12 month old and her big sisters, so I came up with this yummy recipe for Wonton Soup. Quail and Olive made our night!



Quail and Olive Plum Basil, Lime EVOO, and Pacific Spice Wonton Soup!

Ingredients:

2-3 carrots peeled and diced
bunch of celery chopped
onion chopped
bok choy or any leafy vegetable
10oz container of mushrooms
2 cartons of Chicken Broth
Package of pre-made Gyoza
Quail and Olive Plum Basil
Quail and Olive Lime EVOO
Quail and olive Pacific Spice
Fresh Lime
salt and pepper to taste






In a stock pot, pour Quail and Olive Lime EVOO enough to coat pan ( about 2 tablespoons). Add carrots, celery, onion, bok choy (or spinach, kale, anything green), and mushrooms. Sautee until vegetables have softened. Add about a tablespoon of Pacific spice and a tablespoon of Plum basil. Season with salt and pepper. Half a lime and squeeze fresh lime juice over mixture. Add the chicken broth and Gyoza to soup. I usually get the Gyoza ( pot stickers) in the freezer aisle at Trader Joe's. Adjust seasoning to taste. You can also try adding some chopped green onions over soup before serving. This soup was a hit in our home. My whole family devoured the whole soup, which made me very happy knowing they ate all their veggies! Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment