Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Leccino EVOO Roast

Who likes a good roast? I know we do! This dish was so very yummy, the kids ate all and wanted seconds and even thirds!

Ingredients:
3-5 lb roast
2 tablespoons Leccino EVOO
1 cup red wine
2 cans petite diced tomatoes with garlic
1/2 cup baby carrots
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, quartered
5 basil leafs chopped
2 bay leafs
salt and pepper to taste


Using stock pot, place over medium high heat. Pour Leccino EVOO into pot, sear roast on all sides, make sure it is browned. Add tomatoes and wine to pot. Add vegetables and spices around roast. Cook for about 3 hours on low basting roast every 1/2 hours. This roast just melt in your mouth and all the flavors come together. Truly spectacular! Serve with roasted red potatoes and roasted carrots along with a green salad.




2 comments:

  1. When you say "roast," since you're braising, I assume you'd use a shoulder (or picnic or butt?) I definitely wouldn't use a leaner, traditional pork roast.

    Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry I did not specify what cut of meat I used. I ended up using a tri tip roast. We have a local butcher here and it was the freshest cut of the day! Thank you for your comment, and please keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete