Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Quail and Olive Rosemary Olive Oil and Honey Whole Wheat Bread or Rolls

I am so sorry it has taken me this long to write some recipes on the blog! All I can say is it has been a busy month, our children went back to school and I am having a hard time with all the new schedules! I think I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, phew! I have started a new diet, yes I need to shed a few pounds before the holiday season. I despise diets, it always seems to mean that I have to give up quality food! However, this time around Quail and Olive has made dieting a piece of cake. Not only do I have some great healthy foods to share with you, I did not have to compromise the quality of food.
So here you go, our first recipe ( although it is not really on my diet but I occasionally have to have a piece!) is our family most coveted recipe,  Rosemary EVOO paired with the Quail and Olive Honey makes this bread one of a kind. We make this bread recipe every week so that our family has some scrumptious sandwich bread to enjoy or some great dinner rolls.

Quail and Olive Rosemary EVOO and Honey Whole Wheat Bread/Rolls

Preheat oven to 360*

Ingredients:

2 cups Warm water
2 TBSP yeast

mix these to ingredients and let sit for 5 minutes. Once the 5 minutes are up add:

2 cups whole wheat flour

mix until smooth
Let rise for 40 minutes

Place in kitchen aid mixer with dough hook attachment. Add:

1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
1/2 cup Quail and Olive Honey
1/4 cup Quail and Olive Rosemary EVOO
1/4 tsp Divine Dessert
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
4 cups Whole Wheat Flour ( add enough flour so that dough is slightly moist but does not stick to hands.)


Mix with dough hook attachment for about 5 minutes. Pull dough out from bowl and separate into two halves. Knead for 2 minutes and place in well greased bread pan cover with plastic wrap and a towel. Let rise for 1 1/2 to 3 hours in a warm spot. The bread should rise over side of the bread pan, 2-3 inches.
Bake in oven for 45 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Enjoy!


For dinner rolls:

Knead dough by hand for 2 minutes. Make two inch balls and place on stone baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 1/2 to 3 hours
Bake in oven for about 20 minutes until lightly golden brown. Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment