Saturday, March 16, 2013

Blackberry Balsamic and Basil EVOO Green Curry in the Crock Pot

I don't know about you, but I love making dinner using my crock pot! It is so very nice to come home to a home smelling good and dinner is so much easier this way! I have a very busy life with three very busy girls, and if I can make it easier for myself I will. This is a wonderful meal and very easy to prepare. We served the curry over brown rice which I had prepared by drizzling basil EVOO and adding some fresh chopped basil and cilantro. I then squeezed some lemon juice over the rice and mixed to combine everything.


Blackberry Balsamic Green Curry


1-2 chicken breasts
lime juice ( 1 lime)
2 cloves garlic, minced
knob ginger, peeled and grated
1-2 Green Bell Pepper cut up to bite sized pieces
1-2 carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
1 cup chopped spinach
3 ribs of celery, washed and chopped into chunks
2 chili peppers ( more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
14 oz light coconut milk
1/2-1 cup mushrooms sliced
1/2 cup basil chopped
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/2 cup cilantro chopped

Place everything in crock pot. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces once it is done cooking. Serve over rice. Enjoy! 











No comments:

Post a Comment