Monday, March 11, 2013

Lemon EVOO and Fuzzy Navel Vinegar with Roasted Pork Shoulder

Well, I have succeeded in yet another fantastic dinner! I picked up a lovely pork shoulder from a farm down the street from us. I looked online for some inspiration and did not find much. I know for me a good night sleep helps me with recipes, so the next morning I was inspired by some kind of culinary twist. Here it is, and may I just say that yes ALL my children throughly enjoyed every last bite of this dish!

Lemon EVOO and Fuzzy Navel Vinegar Roasted Pork Shoulder 



3.5 lb Pork Shoulder



Rub:
3 garlic cloves, smashed
lemon zest ( from 1/2 lemon)
salt and pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro












 In small bowl, combine garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper,  and cilantro. Coat all sides of the Pork Roast ( we bought a 3.5 lb roast) with Lemon EVOO.






 Then coat all sides of roast with rub.



 Splash a little Fuzzy Navel Vinegar over all sides of meat. Then place in crock pot. Pour Fuzzy Navel Vinegar to covers bottom of crock pot ( about an inch)



 Cook on low 6-8 hours. You want the inside temperature to register 160*. Every 1-2 hours baste pork with juices in crock pot.



Enjoy! Serve with Blackberry Balsamic Apricot Chutney, Roasted Asparagus with Lemon or Bacon EVOO, and Korenecki Quinoa.







 Kalina loved this dish,

 Annamarie devoured her meal,

And Madeleine couldn't get enough. Very successful dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment