Thursday, March 7, 2013

Habanero EVOO and Plum Basil Balsamic Beet Greens

So, I must admit I have run out of Quail and Olive EVOOs and vinegars! The only two I have left, and it is partly my fault since I covet them, are the Plum Basil Balsamic and the Habanero Olive Oil. With these two I have created a beautiful meal, not to "toot" my own horn, but I believe this is one of the best vegetarian dishes I have ever tasted! We have a little garden here, and have plenty of beets. I used two bunches for juicing and decided to saute the beet greens for dinner tonight. I have been craving beet greens for awhile. Beet greens and Habanero EVOO? Sounds a little fishy, however the taste is unreal!

Quail and Olive Habanero EVOO and Plum Basil Balsamic Beet Greens


2 tablespoons of Quail and Olive Habanero Olive Oil ( more or less depending on what you can handle spice wise)
Bundle of Beet greens, washed, trimmed, and chopped into one inch pieces
2 cloves garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste
unsalted roasted sesame seeds ( depending on how much you would like :) )


Heat Habanero EVOO in saucepan at medium heat. Add beet greens and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Saute green until done, about 10-15 mins. Add Plum Basil to pan. Add sesame seeds to pan and mix. Serve warm with a drizzle of Koreniki EVOO. Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment