Monday, April 1, 2013

GENERATIONS EVOO Gravy with 25 STAR BALSAMIC

I have to say, I think my favorite Quail and Olive oil has to be GENERATIONS! There is so very much you can do with this buttery oil, I have used it on  a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole ( I promise to post this) and it completely gave this dish a different taste, almost a smoky bacon flavor! I love it you can make a not so heart healthy meal into a healthy meal just by substituting these oils for your normal fats, and by doing this you also transform your meal into something with a lot more taste and dimensions. I have to say it is a win win situation! Now back to gravy, I know most of you know our family have adapted into a non-processed diet. so, meaning those packaged gravys will not work for this family. I was a little disappointed to not have a lot of juice left over for my roast so I set out to make the best gravy I could without relying on a packet! This is what I came up with and it was wonderful! I know the 25 STAR BALSAMIC is a bit expensive, but when you use it on special occasions and for special events this balsamic can add so much to your meal.


GENERATIONS EVOO GRAVY with 25 STAR BALSAMIC


1 shallot, chopped
5 mushrooms, washed and chopped
3 Tablespoons flour ( we use whole wheat)
red wine
4 Tablespoons 25 STAR BALSAMIC, or to taste
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 Tablespoons GENERATIONS EVOO



In medium stock pan, heat GENERATIONS EVOO at medium setting. Add shallot and mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes until fragrant. Add flour, stir to incorporate. Add 2 splashes of Red wine. Add 25 STAR BALSAMIC, and 1/2 cup chicken stock. Mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Boil until desired consistency. I played around with the 25 STAR BALSAMIC  and the chicken stock, use however much you want to your tastes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment