Saturday, April 27, 2013

Taggiasca EVOO and Tuscan Melody Balsamic

The Taggiasca EVOO and Tuscan Melody Balsamic deserve a blog entry all to themselves! These two are so very good! I recently received my Quail and Olive package filled with wonderful delightful treats. The Taggiasca olive originates from Liguria region in Italy and my father, Dr Brabeck, has found two growers in California that produce this type of olive. The Tiaggasca is 100%  organic, I am loving this! It is a lighter oil a delicate oil, not as robust as the Koreneki but not as light a the Arbequina. It is wonderful when pairing with vegetables, seafood and poultry. I love using it in my dishes, it does not overpower your meal but still adds a bit of butter and spice. When tasting the oil you get flavors such as almond, artichoke and cinnamon. I love to use oils that are organic, healthier for me and my dear family.
The other treat is the Tuscan Melody Balsamic, talk about flavors this Balsamic gets a gold medal from me! The Chaparral Gardens do such wonderful things with their vinegars. Everything in the vinegars are organically grown in their gardens. It is made with fresh organic oregano and blackberries. It is so very good over salad as well over meats. I am going to provide a recipe for an excellent reduction sauce over  a tri tip roast. That is my meal for tomorrow, we have some friends coming over tomorrow night, what could be better than wonderful company and a great meal!
I also received some spices in my package. I ordered a Fennel Pollen and a Dill Pollen. Quail and Olive has a huge selection of these herbs. IT comes from the Pollen Ranch Spices, I have heard there are many chefs in Monterey using these spices. Why not cook like a chef and enjoy them yourselves! I used the fennel pollen in a pizza crust, let me tell you this was knock your socks of good! The dill is superb using with meats and vegetables. So hurry into Quail and Olive and be sure to check them out, I promise you will not leave disappointed, now here  comes some recipes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment