Monday, November 4, 2013

Garlic EVOO and Bacon EVOO Refried Beans

I love Thursdays, why you ask? Well that is the one day of the week both my girls take a "hot lunch" to school. Sometimes I pack homemade soups and a muffin or refried beans homemade tortillas. This recipe super easy. I put everything in the crock pot the night before and it is ready in the morning. Plus, it tastes so much better than the canned refried beans and I am thinking it is a WHOLE lot healthier!


Ingredients:


1 lb dried pinto beans ( I have also used black beans)
1 large onion chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
8 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons Garlic EVOO
2 Tablespoons Bacon EVOO


Cook on low 8-10 hours. Puree using food processor, immersion blender, or potato masher.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment